RASPBERRY-PI OS Installation:-
List of Free Operating Systems supported by RASPBERRY-PI:-
- RISC OS
- Plan 9 from Bell Labs
- Windows 10 IoT
The RASPBERRY-PI foundation recommends the use of Raspbian, a Debain-based LINUX operating system. For downloading the core RASPBERRY-PI operating system:-
- First format your SD card (if you don’t have micro SD slot, you need to get a card reader). Download NOOBS from www.raspberrypi.org. Recommend: download zip file. After downloading, unzip it. After that copy everything inside the NOOBs folder and paste everything in memory card. Use high speed memory card, otherwise it will take more time. For RASPBERRY-PI at least use 16 GB Memory card. 32 GB Memory card is recommended.
- Put your memory card in RASPBERRY-PI SD Card slot.
- Follow the installation instructions.
- By default you will get 2 OS present there. But we want Raspbian, so select Raspbian. It requires 4.5 GB. That’s why recommendations are for 16 GB Memory card.
- Choose the corresponding language as per your requirement and press install. Please wait for some time patiently. So this is the complete installation process.