1) System defined data types are also called as
a) Primitive data types
b) Non-primitive data types
Ans:a(Primitive data types)
2) What is the goal of the analysis of algorithms?
Ans:The goal of the analysis of algorithms is to compare algorithms (or solutions) mainly in terms of running time but also in terms of other factors.
3) What is an amortized analysis?
Ans:Amortized analysis refers to determining the time-averaged running time for a sequence of operations.
4) ∑i≤k≤n O(n), where O(n) stands for order n is:
b) O(n 2)
Ans: b ( ∑i≤k≤n O(n) = O(n)
∑i≤k≤n 1 =O(n 2) )
5) Another name for lower bounding function is:
a) Omega Notation
c) Big oh notation
6) Why do you call algorithm analysis asymptotic analysis?
Ans:In mathematics, we call such a curve an asymptotic curve. In other terms, g(n) is the asymptotic curve for f(n). For this reason , we call algorithm analysis asymptotic analysis.
7) To solve recursion problems, we use mostly which method?
a) Master Method
c) Substitution Method
8) The solution to the equation,
T(n) =T(a n) +T((1-a) n) +bn ,
where 0<a<1 and b>0 are constants , is
9) A function which calls itself is
10) What is Backtracking?
Ans:Backtracking is an improvement of the brute force approach. It systematically searches for solution to a problem among all available choices.